2017 Chequamegon Chapter Trail Events
NOTE: All events listed in this calendar are subject to change. Updates will be made to this page http://northcountrytrail.org/che/ Notice of events with further details are sent out via the Chequamegon Chapter-wide Email List. Please let us know if you wish to be on this Email list if you are not already receiving our Email.
- Saturday, July 8: 8:00 am start time. Finish the Rainbow Lake Wilderness Trail Re-route. Building trail tread on the last 1/2 section of the longer trail re-route. You will need to be prepared for bugs and warmer temperatures. This requires over a one hour walk in and over a one hour walk out after trail building. Think of this as a challenge/marathon/cause!!!! (Please note: This event may be changed depending on weather conditions – please watch this page and your email for changes).
- July 26-30 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 2017 Annual NCT Celebration – Marquette, Michigan (Upper Peninsula)
- Saturday, August 12: 8:00 am start time. Trail maintenance day (to be decided)
- Saturday, September 9: 9:00 am start time? Help USFS install new interpretive signs along Lake Owen NCT and at Lake Owen Picnic Grounds.
- Saturday, September 23: Annual North Country National Scenic Trail Day: Celebration of the new Boardwalk/Trail Reroute held at the City of Mellen Park with the pavilion with a potluck provided by the Chapter. Hike from the park to new bridge after the ceremony.
- Saturday, September 30: Dedication Ceremony of Lake Owen Interpretive Signs: Ceremony, interpretive hike and possible pot luck at Lake Owen Picnic Grounds.
- Saturday, October 7: Last trail maintenance day for 2017 (to be decided)
- Saturday, November 4: Annual Chapter Business/Planning Meeting
OTHER EVENTS OF INTEREST:
Take A Hike Club (Iron River Hikers)
Hikes most Tuesday mornings/afternoons –Meets at the Orchards Café in Iron River at 9:00 am (usually). Contact Mary Lee Best, Patti Prusila or Sue Kranz for more information of the planned event/date/time. Mary Bast contact information: email@example.com, Patti Prusila contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org 715-795-3216. Sue Kranz contact information: email@example.com 715-372-5301.
Social events may be added to the Calendar of Events. If you have an event suggestion, please contact Cheryl Trieschmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-274-3838. There will be opportunities to help trail adopters on their sections and other unscheduled trail maintenance events. As always help is always appreciated. Email works best for short notice events. If you wish to be put on a “short notice” list for these volunteer opportunities please let us know. If you are planning on attending an event, and have email, please watch your email for last minute changes to event plans.
For more information or questions contact:
Marty Swank, President/Communications Liaison
Chequamegon Chapter, North Country Trail Association
808 14th Ave. West, Ashland, WI 54806
Wisconsin NCT Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NCTinWI