2017 Chequamegon Chapter Trail Events
NOTE: All events listed in this calendar are subject to change. Updates will be made to this page http://northcountrytrail.org/che/ Notice of events with further details are sent out via the Chequamegon Chapter-wide Email List. Please let us know if you wish to be on this Email list if you are not already receiving our Email.
- Saturday, September 9th: Installation of Lake Owen Interpretive Signs – 9:00 a.m. Also trail maintenance to prepare Lake Owen NCT for Interpretive Sign Dedication
- Saturday, September 23rd:
Annual North Country National Scenic Trail Day
Mellen Boardwalk Celebration
- 10 a.m. Dedication Ceremony at Dr. Gillman Park Pavilion, 302 S. Main Street, Mellen, WI.
- Hike from Dr. Gillman Park including The City of Mellen Hike & Bike Trail, the 370’ Raised Boardwalk, across part of the new North Country Trail to the new bridge. The hike will be followed by a Chequamegon Chapter provided Picnic Lunch at Dr. Gillman Park.
Join us as we celebrate the New Raised Mellen Boardwalk completed in October of 2016
The hike is about 5 miles total but a shuttle service will be available on the way back from the Hwy. 169 end of the boardwalk to Dr. Gillman Park for a shorter hike.
Bring your lawn chairs and a pair of hiking shoes
and enjoy this part of the
North Country National Scenic Trail!
- Saturday, September 30: Dedication Ceremony of Lake Owen Interpretive Signs: Ceremony and interpretive hike at Lake Owen Picnic Grounds. (Hikers bring lunch to eat on hike?)
- Saturday, October 7: Possible Chainsaw Certification Class.
- Saturday, November 4: Annual Chapter Business/Planning Meeting
OTHER EVENTS OF INTEREST:
Take A Hike Club (Iron River Hikers)
Hikes most Tuesday mornings/afternoons –Meets at the Orchards Café in Iron River at 9:00 am (usually). Contact Mary Lee Best, Patti Prusila or Sue Kranz for more information of the planned event/date/time. Mary Bast contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, Patti Prusila contact information: email@example.com 715-795-3216. Sue Kranz contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org 715-372-5301.
Social events may be added to the Calendar of Events. If you have an event suggestion, please contact Cheryl Trieschmann at email@example.com or call 715-274-3838. There will be opportunities to help trail adopters on their sections and other unscheduled trail maintenance events. As always help is always appreciated. Email works best for short notice events. If you wish to be put on a “short notice” list for these volunteer opportunities please let us know. If you are planning on attending an event, and have email, please watch your email for last minute changes to event plans.
For more information or questions contact:
Marty Swank, President/Communications Liaison
Chequamegon Chapter, North Country Trail Association
808 14th Ave. West, Ashland, WI 54806
Wisconsin NCT Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NCTinWI