New Opening Posted September 10, 2018
Position Description: Financial Administrator
Position Summary: The North Country Trail Association seeks an individual with strong qualifications in accounting and financial administration to manage the finances and related areas of a non-profit organization. Using generally accepted accounting principles and standards along with other accounting best practices, NCTA’s financial administrator manages the accounts of the association as well as approximately 30 chapters, ensuring a firm and proactively managed financial foundation. NCTA’s financial administrator serves and sets example as part of a resilient NCTA staff truly committed to a collaborative, collegial, team-based approach.
Hours: This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position.
Location: Lowell, MI
Reports to: Executive Director
- Manages all Association accounting functions and tasks.
- Produces monthly consolidated financial statements, in a timely manner, for review with the Executive Director, to be shared with the Board of Directors.
- Produces monthly Chapter financial statements and supporting reports.
- Manages the administration of Federal, State, and private grants, including grant review and reporting.
- Prepares invoices for both public and private funding sources and grants.
- Prepares payments for vendor invoices, employee and volunteer reimbursements, upon request with proper approvals.
- Processes staff payroll bi-monthly.
- Coordinates and manages annual audit with an independent audit firm and the Finance Committee.
- Coordinates and manages annual budget development with staff, for consolidation and review with Association leadership, and submission to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Maintains and assures compliance with state and federal reporting requirements, licensing and charitable registrations.
- Assist with HR functions as needed.
- Back up reception of visitors and phone calls if necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings and other internal NCTA activities.
- Assist with database management as necessary.
Education, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- At least six years highly successful experience working in a financial administrative capacity,
preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expertise with a wide variety of administrative functions, including but not limited to:
o Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive environments
o Experience and familiarity with office equipment and applications
- Commitment to a team approach to office management.
- Evidence of ability to multi-task and identify priorities. Demonstrated ability to manage time
effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated capabilities as a team member committed to inclusive and collaborative
management in a small office environment.
- Commitment to NCTA’s mission and vision for the establishment and promotion of the North
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- Experience in non-profit organizational setting
- Experience in a volunteer environment
Compensation: This is a salaried, part-time position, not currently eligible for NCTA employee benefits.
About NCTA: The North Country Trail Association is a non-profit organization of local chapters and
members united in supporting the development, maintenance, preservation and promotion of the
nationally designated North Country Scenic Trail. NCTA serves its membership and mission through
funding projects, promoting trail use, legislative advocacy and providing expertise and information to
trail users and advocates. NCTA’s office is the administrative hub for the Association’s efforts, as well as
doubling as a storefront retail outlet; the public is welcome during Trail Shop hours. Every NCTA staff
member is an ambassador for the Trail, the Association, and for healthy outdoor recreation and
conservation and management of our natural resources for the benefit of all.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Andrea Ketchmark , Executive Director
North Country Trail Association
Electronic submission preferred
Download the PDF version of this Position Description: PD-Financial-Administrator-August-2018.pdf