Arrowhead Re-route bill to get a hearing in U.S. Senate
On March 17th, the Arrowhead Re-route bill will be discussed in a hearing of the Senate’s Energy & Natural Resources Committee’s National Parks subcomittee. The bill’s (S. 553) official title is “The North Country National Scenic Trail Route Adjustment Act of 2009” was introduced on 3-9-09 by Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN). Al Franken, Minnesota’s junior senator, just recently joined the list of co-sponsors. Thanks again go to Senators Klobuchar and Franken for their leadership!
The NCTA and NPS will be offering written testimony supporting S. 553.
- Wednesday, March 17 @ 2:30pm in the Energy Committee’s hearing room (SD-366).
- It is not know at this time if this hearing will be webcast or not. Check the Committee’s web page closer to the 17th. More info is available online at the Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee’s hearing schedule website.
What can folks do to help out?
- NCTA members and friends from ND should contact Sen. Byron Dorgan and ask for his support. He has yet to sign onto S. 553 as a co-sponsor.
- NCTA members and friends from VT could contact Sen. Bernie Sanders and ask for his support.
- Sen. Debbie Stabenow, who also sits on the National Parks subcommittee, has already publicly supported S. 553. NCTA members and friends from MI can thank her for her continued support.