Join the North Country Trail Association’s Next Generation Coalition, a group of young leaders dedicated to sustaining and promoting the North Country National Scenic Trail.
Launched in 2018, the Next Generation Coalition, also known as “Next Gen” or “the Coalition,” is a peer to peer network of young North Country Trail supporters who share their passion for the NCT through outreach, advocacy, volunteerism and use of the Trail.
Next Gen Members:
- Promote the mission of the North Country Trail Association;
- Receive training to be effective trail advocates and leaders;
- Participate in other NCTA programs and activities; and
- Receive opportunities to attend events and network with other professionals in the outdoor industry.
Applicants should be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Passionate about the North Country Trail and the outdoors;
- Excellent communicators; and
- Available to engage regularly throughout the year on social media and through NCTA communications.
Benefits of Next Gen:
- Access to the Next Gen Facebook group;
- Invitations to exclusive events, hikes and other activities including the annual Next Gen Summit;
- Scholarships to attend events; and
- Networking opportunities with leaders in the outdoor industry and other professionals.
What does it mean to be a Coalition member?
Emily served as the NCTA Next Generation Outreach Intern in 2019 and continues to do outreach work with NCTA. She represented the Coalition at the NCTA’s 2019 Celebration and at the 2020 Hike the Hill in Washington D.C. She has a passion for all things outdoors and loves to introduce people to the benefits of spending time in nature.
Adam adopted a small section of the NCT / Finger Lakes Trail (M9) to maintain. “I enjoy hiking the North Country Trail because it is so accessible to where I love, and it serves are a great opportunity to get out on a trail that connects many hidden gems of my area.”
Chase lives in New York State and has a deep connection to Boy Scouts of America, having volunteered and worked at a Scout camp for many years. He advocates for the North Country Trail by presenting to Boy Scout groups. Chase also advocated for the NCT at the 2020 Hike the Hill event in Washington D.C.
Jaron joined the Coalition to help inspire other young people to get outside and explore this amazing footpath, connect with our growing trail community, and learn how to get involved to protect the places we love. He works for the Superior Hiking Trail Association in Duluth, Minnesota and uses the social media outlets to engage new audiences to help promote events and volunteer opportunities. He also represented the Coalition at the NCTA’s 2019 Celebration.
Email email@example.com for more information. Follow the Coalition on Instagram to see what our current members are up to: @ncta_nextgen
Header photo by Emily Rodriguez