Nimblewill Nomad’s pictures from ND and western MN are available
If you’re interested in seeing what it’s like to walk across North Dakota in late winter/early spring, you should check out Nimblewill Nomad’s 2009 Odyssey photo gallery. In the North Dakota pictures you’ll notice one of the inherent challenges of thru-hiking the NCT…the fact that you have to start pretty early in the “spring” to be able to hike all 4,600 miles in one year. Eb definitely soldiered on across North Dakota and I’m guessing he’ll enjoy the Peace Garden State much more when he comes back to hike the certified segements later this fall.
Of Eb’s pics, here are links to a couple of my favorites from ND & western MN:
- Eb at the NCT’s western terminus
- Railroad tracks, what railroad tracks?
- McClusky Canal at “the big cut“
- Who is that masked man?
- a beautiful ND winter/spring day
- Eb, Gordon, and our very own Hank Ludtke by the world’s largest turkey in Frazee, MN
- Jenny Day from Lakeland Public TV and ITM volunteer Darrel Rodekuhr near Lake George, MN
- Recent burns along the NCT within the Woodtick Fields
- Coming out to St. Hwy 6 and starting the road walk into Grand Rapids